"They Create an Affair of the Heart"

"They Create an Affair of the Heart"
If there is a fault in the stars, When Clouds Touch will fix it.

Cast and Reviews

Deeper Than Holding You Prisoner~ When Clouds Touch #romance #Albinism

A little bit of envy tickled the greedy dark part of her mind. She wanted to be like her; to be able to step out into the world no matter the time of the day or the position of the sun.


She wanted to park her wagasa in the corner of the
porch, resting against a wall in the shade and not have it shielding the sky from her view. She wanted to let it do all of the hiding and self-protection it wanted, while she ran free and wild in the midday glare, feeling the burn on her skin and not worry about the screeching command of her parents to cover up, protect herself and come inside.
 She wanted to be the one or at least join in the fun with her little sister.

 Chasing the dogs, tripping and tumbling over their leashes as they ran around yipping at her ankles. She wanted to be able to fall and hit the ground, skin her knees and not sit crying while her parents hastened to clean the wounds, lecturing her about the delicacy of her heart...denying her the chance to live a real life.

 “Oka-san, you see Yoshiko, that’s how I’ve always wanted to be: allowed to enjoy happiness. I can only take my puppy out at night, no wonder she loves Yoshiko more. No one will ever love me if I’m
walled away from the world.”
Without saying a word, her mom joined her on the screened-in porch. Tapping the top of Paisley’s hands with the sunglasses she brought out for her, she sat on the swing, starting its movement with the push of her foot. “Paisley, if you were a mother, you would understand what I do is always in your best interest. I have been worried about you since your birth. Maybe a little overprotective, but what would you expect from a mother who holds her infant in her arms, watches her die and return to life at the age of one year? You have gone from one illness to another and I think your survival should be credited to our diligence.”

“Maybe so,” Paisley pushed on the glasses. “ But, I also have to give you credit for making my life depressing and unpredictable. Do you remember the ballet classes? For years I took them. Everyone said I was so good, talented. I thought I would become a ballerina and when the night came I would have a solo as an angel, I sneezed and you kept me home. It ruined things for everyone, not just me and you wouldn’t see that. You have to step back and let me live.

If you are interested or want to know about the challenges of Albinism, visit NOAH The National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation.
If you have any questions or comments, you can e-mail  at webmaster@albinism.org

An outstanding magazine - Albinism Beauty,  features gorgeous models and informative articles. Please , take a look.  http://albinismbeautymag.weebly.com/home.html
*********
If you like this excerpt of When Clouds Touch, please take time to fill the survey..

***********************************

This novel, and all novels by Ey Wade are AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE and your support is appreciated. If you have read any of my novels, please post a review. Copy and paste it to any of the online book sites.
Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or KoboScribed
Nook and iTunes


Before you leave, please take some time to do this…

Write down a couple of quick notes to let me know in:


  • what ways did this post or blog hold or lose your attention?
  • Is there a way I can enhance it visually?
  • Did you find any interest in the featured book?
  • What social network would be best for you to share this information?

  • I'd love it if you told me your answers in the comments below so I can know how to serve my readers.
    Would you like to read a sample of my writings in other genres? Download a free copy of, " WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES" At Smashwords HERE Put in code: MP63V

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments are welcomed, respect is demanded.

    Powered by Blogger.

    © 2011 Ey Wade's~ When Clouds Touch, AllRightsReserved.

    Designed by ScreenWritersArena