"They Create an Affair of the Heart"

"They Create an Affair of the Heart"
If there is a fault in the stars, When Clouds Touch will fix it.

Cast and Reviews

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It was destiny~ When Clouds Touch #romance

Malachi dropped onto the sofa, stretched out his legs and watched her. She paced back and forth in front of the living room window. Wrenching her hands and intermittently smoothing her hair.
 “Am I making you nervous? We don’t have to stay here, alone. Let’s go for a ride or get something to eat.”
 “Maybe later. I want to get to know you. If we go out, I’d feel uncomfortable. People tend to stare.” “It’s because you’re so beautiful.”

 “Yeah, right.” she laughed. “They stare because I’m an anomaly. Whiter than white on white.”
 “Really, I hadn’t noticed. All I know is that I have finally gotten the chance to be close to the dream I’ve followed for years.”
 Paisley felt as if she would implode from joy and
disappear within the cushions of the armchair across from him. She was finally within arms length and the urge to reach out and touch him was more than she could control. The smooth stubble on his arms, tickling the sensitive skin of her palm surprised her. She had been unaware of her move from her chair to the spot at his feet. A place that she felt she belonged.
  “I know exactly what you’re saying”
 “Do you? I-I have always had the feeling that I should know you. I remember you from afar. The sad, angry little girl in flowing pastel dresses who couldn’t go out to play at recess or P.E.. You would throw serious temper tantrums as we all filed out the door and by the time recess was over, you were gone for the day. Sometimes for weeks.”
 “Those were my worst years. As a child, I thought I could do anything. Didn’t see why I had to be different or be treated differently. Because of the Albinism and the effects to my eyes, I’m classified as legally blind. My parents were always afraid I would get knocked around on the playground so I wasn’t allowed to go out. I didn’t have any friends and when the teachers kept me in, it was only to do work. I wanted to run and scream and play. Yes, my tantrums were horrible. My parents would tell me how I embarrassed them. I guess I did. Appearance meant everything to them.”
  “I bet. Didn’t stop you from being noticed, though. When we were older I became the tough, admired,” He poked out his chest. “Member of the high school football team. I did everything I could to get your attention. But you ignored me. There you would be, standing aloof, holding your books close to your chest as if you were hiding something. Never looking around at me. I couldn’t get anyone to talk to you for me. And then during the last half of our senior year, you were gone.”
 “My last year was rough, I had so many colds and other illnesses my parents decided to let me finish out by home-schooling. Believe me, I saw you watching me many times. You never came close. I thought you were either full of yourself or afraid of me.”
 “Never. It was always something, someone, some reason to keep me from getting to you."
*********
If you like this excerpt of When Clouds Touch, please take time to fill the survey..

If you are interested or want to know about the challenges of Albinism, visit NOAH The National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation.
If you have any questions or comments, you can e-mail  at webmaster@albinism.org

An outstanding magazine - Albinism Beauty,  features gorgeous models and informative articles. Please , take a look.  http://albinismbeautymag.weebly.com/home.html
***********************************

This novel, and all novels by Ey Wade are AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE and your support is appreciated. If you have read any of my novels, please post a review. Copy and paste it to any of the online book sites.
Kindle, Smashwords , Sony or KoboScribed
Nook and iTunes


Before you leave, please take some time to do this…

Write down a couple of quick notes to let me know in:


  • what ways did this post or blog hold or lose your attention?
  • Is there a way I can enhance it visually?
  • Did you find any interest in the featured book?
  • What social network would be best for you to share this information?

  • I'd love it if you told me your answers in the comments below so I can know how to serve my readers.
    Would you like to read a sample of my writings in other genres? Download a free copy of, " WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES" At Smashwords HERE Put in code: MP63V

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments are welcomed, respect is demanded.

    Powered by Blogger.

    © 2011 Ey Wade's~ When Clouds Touch, AllRightsReserved.

    Designed by ScreenWritersArena